Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Feels like spring…

The weather has been very mild of late. We've had some snow, of course, blown in from the storms that have battered the American mid-Atlantic coast, but today you can smell spring in the wind. Winter is the time for the earth to hunker down, to rest and rejuvenate before bursting into the splendor of new growth.

I feel like spring these days, even though the calendar tells me it's still officially a month away. I've spent the past few months saying goodbye to my history, unshackling some of the bonds that held me back, discarding fears that no longer serve a purpose. It's been the mental equivalent of closet cleaning and other rituals of spring.

For the first time in ages, I feel restored and ready for what new adventures await me. I feel healed. And I feel whole for the first time in many, many years. There's been quite a metamorphosis going on for me. For a long time, I've been stuck in the chrysalis stage of development – no longer a child but still not fully an adult. It's been rocky, and confusing, and I've made more than a few mistakes along the way.

I've also been guided and helped by the kindness of strangers. I feel the shell of my old existence, the fears and the self-doubt, starting to crack. It's been ongoing for a while but I know that very soon, I'm about to spread my wings and fly into comfort of my womanhood.

Have a wonderful day everyone. I certainly am.

~~doll~~

No comments:

Post a Comment