Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Waves from the Library…

Hi folks.. I know I've been somewhat negligent in blogging of late. It's the end of term and I'm trying to get ready for final exams. Truly, my mind has been preoccupied with matters of American history and Gross Anatomy & Physiology.

Marriage is fitting me well. I'm happy and content. It's a very solid feeling of belonging. I feel safe and that someone has my back. Of course, as soon as I type those words, I think about the last woman who said that expression publicly, only to regret it later. Not that it's my intention to gossip about two people I've never met and don't know, but gosh, I can't help but feel some stirring of compassion for Sandra Bullock these days.

I've decided (we've decided?) that I'm going to take intersession and summer session courses this year. There's nothing I want more than to get this danged degree done and then I can get on with my life – whatever that means for me. Work? Grad school? Re-open my old business? Stay at home mom? I have no idea what the future holds and that's good. For the first time ever, I'm perfectly happy not having a long term plan. What will happen will happen. We'll make the best decisions we can at the time with what we know at the time.

Hello, God.. do you even recognize me anymore? The tears and anxiety and fear have melted into the past. Part of why this 'blog has been so … neglected would be the right word, I think… so neglected is I am ridiculously content with my life. I'm busy for sure. It's the end of term, finals coming up, Michael has had a lot of formal business entertaining that he expects me to assist with… but it doesn't feel crazy. Even with all the demands on time, it feels good. I know what's expected of me and I can count on that.

Right now, I need to get to bed. My days have been productive but long and I'm tired. I just thought I should drop a line to let everyone know that my absence is because I'm in a very happy place right now … and I'm sure none of you are keen on the functions of the tibialis anterior muscle etc. Hint: it acts to dorsiflex and invert the foot … aren't you glad you tuned in tonight.

Thanks for reading and to all who have sent the little *knock knock, you ok* messages, I just want you know, I am feeling wonderful. Thank you for caring. I consider you one of the many blessings in my life.

~~doll~~


6 comments:

  1. Ooh - I loved gross anatomy - you have no idea how much i could tell you about the TA, df, inversion, and even supination. Good luck with the end of the semester, enjoy the journey along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know... I know... but freaks like us should be quarantined from polite company.

    I actually love A&P ... it so informs my personal practice and my teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know nothing about TA, df, inversion or even supination, I am not even sure what language we are using...

    But I do know a few things about being happy and I know one of them is that I am happy you do to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that settles it GG... we just out geeked Sir J.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad married life is suiting you so well and that you're feeling so content!

    I guess I fit into the semi geeky category. I've take gross anatomy, but I can't remember a damn thing about it. LOL

    spirited

    ReplyDelete